May 13, 2007

Coffee and Craft

Last week I checked out 2 new delightful shopping experiences. Now before you start thinking I sound like a girl let me tell you I had REASONS for going to these places - read on.

City Central Mall

5-10 minutes walk from Mumbai Central station, this new mall has all the usual mega brands and a Big Bazaar. The food court is also pretty good. But I specifically went there because the first Coffee World in Mumbai just opened up here! Coffee World what? My favorite coffee chain. Try it - a bit more premium priced than a Barista, as chilled out as CCD (without the ghastly pink and purple) and absolutely yumazing stuff. My favorites:

* Cookie Crush Frappe
* Veg/Chicken Salad (not yet available in this outlet - miss the Bangalore one for it!)
* The waffles - no words. Try them. They're evil almost.

Having raved about my 'fave coffee chain' and everything I was disappointed with this one - too small, didn't have the laid back loungy experience that the Bangalore ones offer (@ Mota Arcade/Eva Mall) - but then it's still the first one so I'll give them time and hope the next one is bigger, better and stocks my favorite salad!

Hobby Ideas

Remember the old Crossword store at Mahalaxmi? Well good, drop in there now - this place is now taken over by Pidilite, the guys who help fisherfolk catch fish with drops of - Fevicol! Cutting to the point - enter 'Hobby Ideas' - India's first hobby and craft store. It's got everything from paints to glass/wooden things you can decorate, paper craft, modeling clay, party goodies and what not. What was I doing there? (a) I love paper craft (b) Was shopping for my sis (c) was on a secret mission :) Stick around as a good Kronicles reader and you'll know details soon.

Tip: Hobby Ideas has some awesome craft/art workshops for kids regularly. No details on their website yet, but the calendar's up in the store. They also have another store at the InOrbit Mall, Malad.

2 comments:

Ajay said...

dude. Coffee World has been around for a while now.. The first one opened up at Lokhandwala market like 3 months ago, along with another one at InOrbit Mall Malad. The one at Lokhandwala is pretty spacious but no couches here too, if thts what u mean by laidback!

Saee said...

Hey!!
This is a great blog..I am just posting on the recent one. :)

Post a Comment