March 12, 2009

The Pre-Planning

Finally starting to write about my (extended) South America trip. Lets begin from the pre-planning stage. Helps being a designer to create visual itineraries… this is what I cooked up.

Route, Dates and Initial Itinerary

Itinerary

The plan initially was to go through London, stop by and stay with a friend and move on to Brasil > Bolivia > Peru > Ecuador

Route Options & Costs

Itinerary2

Made this using a website – I forget the name. Will update this post with it. Fabulous way to map your route, explore flight options and see costs upfront.

Visual Itinerary

photo-itinerary

This was my favorite piece of inspiration. Before this, the whole trip looked like a dream. Now it had a face. Spent half a day making this, but totally worth it! The dream was taking shape…

Next update: The real itinerary and first week in Brasil!

8 comments:

xanindia said...

You are a well traveled man. Nice of you to see different places at such a young age. And you are very organize huh. Nice plans

Frozenswirl said...

and to think of it..we *almost* crossed paths :)

Roshnee said...

I totally agree with Xanindia.
I envy you. I so so envy you!!!
Are you going to be at Peru during the Sun festival? Where the ancient kings and queens come in a parade and stuff? Machu Pichu! Cuzco!Lake Titicaca! Wowwww

Kaushal said...

@xanindia - thank you :) i'm not honestly organized - just love designing stuff. this was the only planning. once i got there, everything was as-it-comes. zero planning. more fun.

@swirl - cya next month in Mumbai! :)

@Rosh - well u can do it too, u know that! i ain't going anywhere for now. focused on work.

prasanna said...

Hey! Came to your page from your profile in TravBuddies for Ladakh. I am on an extended vacation in India and am planning a trip to Ladakh, Nepal and Sikkim (2-3 months). I am Indian, 26,M, working in US but taken a year off to travel and live life on the road. Currently at home in Chennai. Planning a trip Mid-June and onwards. If you are looking for travel buddy or planning buddy, would love to get in touch with you -

prasanna M

prasanna.muralid@gmail.com

Kaushal said...

thank you for reaching out, Prasanna. my plans are still in the offing and will surely let you know once something concrete shapes up!

Jinu P said...

Ok some brutally honest confessions coming your way!

I reached your blog trying to get a contact who could put my resume in BCWebwise. (You work there if I am not mistaken, right?)

But I am totally sold on your blog. It has moved beyond the realm of 'I' which most blogs are (including mine)Universal checklist - wish more world leaders could think on those lines!

Glad I landed here!

Kaushal said...

hey Jinu, i've been a lazy blogger lately so apologies for the late reply...

i dont work at BCWebWise but know pretty much everyone there :) used to work for Hungama.com

thanks for the nice words... being a Leo its a conscious decision to avoid talking all ME ;)

see u around!

Post a Comment